Can't assign issue, but I should be able to

Martin Ninaj September 16, 2019

Hello all, 

Jira user with developer role is not able to assign issue to another user.

When I check permission helper, it shows, that user has the 'Assign Issues' permission (everything is green).

Developer role have edit, assign issue and assignable user permission.  

Edit, create and view issue screen have asignne field added. 

When user go to edit screen, Assignee field is not there, even when creating issue, assignee field is missing. Assign button is also missing from issue.

What could be the probleme here? 

3 answers

0 votes
George Tsangaris March 16, 2022

Also having this problem too. Is there a solution from Atlassian?

0 votes
Benjamin Dains December 1, 2021

I'm also having this problem right now, please advise Atlassian...

0 votes
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2019

User should be in Assignable User permission for them to be assignee. Assign issues will only allow user to assign issues to others

Martin Ninaj September 16, 2019

Users have Assignable User permission. And that its not even problem, because I can't even see assign button or Assignee field in Edit. 

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019
Martin Ninaj September 17, 2019

its there, I already wrote it in first post.. 

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2019

ok. Can you also check if it's not hidden in field configuration?

Martin Ninaj September 17, 2019

Nope, its not hidden :)

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2019

I give up :/

Suggest an answer