Can't add customer organization in support portal as admin, but another admin user can

Michael Kandar January 15, 2020

Our service desk project is organized by customer organization and when creating a new customer, the customer is assigned an organization. When the admin that created the support project adds a customer they see an organization field they can populate. When I go to add a customer, I don't see this field. Both of us have the same permissions on the project. Why does one of us see this field and the other doesn't? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

Hello @Michael Kandar ,

From your description noting that the Admin can see the option but you are not seeing it, sound like you are a Service desk Agent and/or Project Admin, but not a global admin.  and the Service desk settings are restricting this option to the admin level. 

In the service desk configurations page there is an option to allow Agents to add users to an organization or restrict the option to only allow the global admins to do so.

Have a global admin go to 

• https://<BASE_URL>atlassian.net/secure/admin/SDConfiguration.jspa

And look for the section "Organization management" as shown here:

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 11.16.03 AM.png

If you are set as an Agent, then you should be able to see the organizations option while inviting new users when this is set to:

Yes, agents can add and remove organizations from projects, and add and remove customers from organizations

Let me know if this is the case.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer