Can't add apps after migrate local server to cloud

David HUY March 6, 2019

Hi,

I have a problem when i want to download any app. I can download only 2 apps (CLI and Portfolio) after migrate. I can download all apps before migrate my instance server to cloud. But when i finished to migrate, i can't download any apps. For information, i use XML Backup to migrate my local server to cloud.

The message  when i want to add an app is : We ran into a little trouble. It might just be a hiccup. Try again in a bit.

Cordially,

4 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Oleg Okhrimenko May 3, 2019

I've got answer from Atlassian Support. The cause is described as follows:

Checking the Jira Cloud instance at xxx.atlassian.net, I can see that the imported groups have not been approved yet, which contributes to the issue of not being able to install Apps (Plugins). The reason for this is because when Jira attempts to install an App, it will try to provide the App's System user with product access to Jira Software, however, due to Jira Software (or Confluence) not having any default group, the installation of the App fails.

You will need to navigate to the Product Access page (Administration -> Product Access), and click on the "Review imported groups". Once you have a few groups Approved, set at least one of the groups to be the Default Group, and please kindly retry to install the Apps. 
---
So, after dealing with Default group I was managed to install the plugins.

Hope, this helps you, as it helped us.

Michael Soo October 30, 2019

This helped, thank you Oleg. The error message is way off.

KJ February 27, 2020

This was exactly my issue. These steps solved it for me. Thank you!

Like Shannon Phillips likes this
Colin Hammond September 4, 2020

This has not solved it for me,  I am trying to re-install a cloud app that was previously installed from the Marketplace then uninstalled.  Now I get this error when I try to install it.  

Under Administration->site settings->product access 

my default is Jira-software-users

Like # people like this
Aayulogic Jira March 25, 2021

Thank You.

0 votes
Stefan Janssen April 18, 2021

Same problem here, does anyone have a solution? I reviewed the group but that didn't solve it

Stefan Janssen April 19, 2021

We solved the problem, thanks to Tempo Support Team. Maybe this is also helpfull for other users.

"The reason why you are then unable to install Tempo, is because your JIRA instance URL and client key already exist in our instance registry and we do not allow duplicate installation to avoid mixing data/instances."

Tempo support team disabled our older key and now we can install Tempo again.

joshbrush May 2, 2021

Thanks for this reply, I'll contact Tempo to get our keys destroyed. Cheers.

0 votes
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2019

Hi David,

Cloud and server add-ons are totally different by their architecture: jar files for server and services, which just provides atlassian-connect.json for cloud. So you can download jar file for server and upload it, while you can't download service for cloud - you can just specify Atlassian Connect app descriptor URL for cloud.

David HUY March 7, 2019

i misspoke maybe, i would like to add somes applications since the marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212265/svn-gateway-subversion-links-in-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview&_ga=2.79080733.864655417.1551859374-809223840.1544107577 for my part) but this message appears when i try to add apps. In the audit log, i have this message: Failed to install app plugin.8810866029982250699.atlassian-connect.json

Sander Langohr April 2, 2019

Any updates? I'm running into the same issue unfortunatly...

Like # people like this
Oleg Okhrimenko May 2, 2019

We have the same issue. It appears on adding ANY application to migrated instance, even never used before. So the add-on backend structure mismatch is not likely to be the cause.

Colin Hammond September 4, 2020

Experiencing the same problem as reported by  nic brough_adaptavist  we are exclusively only Jira cloud

Rodrigo Nunes April 12, 2021

Any solution?? I did all the procedures and the error still continues.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2019

Try adding the applications by searching the marketplace, rather than uploads.

David HUY March 7, 2019

I have this problem when i want to add the applications in the marketplace with this message: We ran into a little trouble. It might just be a hiccup. Try again in a bit.

In the audit log, i have this message too: Failed to install app plugin.8810866029982250699.atlassian-connect.json

Simon van Helden March 18, 2021

I have exactly the same problem. Is there any solution? I want to use the Insight app (and pay for it), but in combination with a free service management subscription I don't have atlassian support. I Have no idea, how I could fix this without Atlassian support. Even if we delete all jira products and reinstall them, without data restore, I can't reinstall the app.

I made the fault to install the app and migrate the server data from our on-prem server. I had to uninstall the app before migrate the data.
But there was no warning about that.

Any idea how to proceed?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

Whatever the blocker to install on the marketplace is should be transient, you should leave it a few minutes and try again.

Simon van Helden March 22, 2021

Hi Nic,

thanks for your comment, but I tried it over a week. 

Suggest an answer