Can't add a user to my Jira project

Javier Rincon August 23, 2022

Hi all,

I'm not able to add a user to my jira project.

Here's a short loom with my exact problem:

https://www.loom.com/share/7087728d1b3f4db9b4c8ed1290647919?from_recorder=1&focus_title=1

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Tagle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2022

Hi Javier,

That's  Limitation of the Free Plan. There is a lot of things you cannot do directly, for instance, inviting specific people to boards or projects. Changing Permissions to name a few.

So in order to actually share this you have the option to invite a user using the User Administration, add the user to the group that have access to the projects, should be jira-administrators and then the user will have access to the project and all issues within the instance.

Trying to add people on the Dashboard does a poor job communicating this, but if you go to Project Settings -> People, and hover over the Add button you will se the message "On a free plan, you can only add people using your site's administration settings. Upgrade your plan to better control who can access this project.". You can compare the different plans and their limitations here

Sorry this answer is not a solution, hope you have a great day.

Cheers, 

Nico.

Javier Rincon August 29, 2022

Thank you Nicolas

Like Nicolas Tagle likes this
0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Hi @Javier Rincon welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you tried to actually choose a Role from the dropdown list for the user you would like to add?

Javier Rincon August 24, 2022

Thanks for the reply. Yes I tried but it didn't allow me.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events