Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can someone help me with an automation rule?

I'm having trouble getting a rule to trigger.

System is a custom field, field type:  Insight Object (see configuration screenshot below).

If a use any field that's not an Insight Object, the rule functions as expected.

I have tried everything I can think of in the Value field of the condition.  The only Conditions that I think are valid are "contains any of" and "contains all of" and I've tried both with various strings in the Value field.

I've tried strings, with and without quotes, partial strings, the full string, the insight issue key, the object GUID (I'm assuming that's what it is, as shown in the screenshot below, it's the big long number that shows up in the search window after selecting one of the autofill options in the search box.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

aa.PNG

bb.PNG

bb.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I finally figured it out.

The automation rule has to be a global rule, and needs to use the IQL condition.

I've made a little progress.

I setup a Manual Trigger rule, and figured out that {{issue.fields.System.System Name}} returns "PAL Admin"

ccd.PNG

And I'm using the Advanced Compare Condition...

e.PNG

But the rule still doesn't trigger.

0 votes

Hi Jason!

I am assuming that this "System" field is a select-list type? If so, the automation should recognize it as so and the "contains" or "contains any of" would apply to a drop list of selections. Here is an example:

screenshot.png 

The custom field is a Insight Object type.  Users see a dropdown list, but the dropdown list isn't available in the condition.  I have to enter something in the Value field of the condition.

I see. Maybe you could try using Advanced compare condition like this:

screenshot.png

I had the same idea, see previous post, but no luck.

How about using "contains regular expression" and use this as the value (include the forward slashes):

/PAL Admin/

Good idea, I didn't think about trying that...but that didn't work either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you