Can only give filter access to a either "All roles" or "Administrators" for the Project Type

Ryan Cabanas November 13, 2020

Hi,

I have a filter that I want to share with certain Project Roles.  When I go to the permissions area to accomplish this, the only options I see in the dropdown are either "All roles", or "Administrators".  The target Project has multiple roles in it, but I'm not seeing them listed here.  How do I correct this, please?

2020-11-13_15-14-38.png

Thanks!

Ryan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

Can you try adding yourself to the project role you want to share with?

Thanks,

Kian

Ryan Cabanas November 16, 2020

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems You're right.  Whichever project roles I add myself to are then available in this dropdown.

This sounds wonky to me.  Is this a Bug, and if not, do you know the logical explanation for this implementation?

Thanks for the workaround, though!

Ryan

Ryan Cabanas November 16, 2020

I also remembered another area that is affected in this same manner.  Comments.  When choosing who Comments should be visible to, the same limitations existed as I saw in my original post about sharing Filters.  After adding myself to all of the Project Roles, now all Project Roles show in the little lock dropdown list when adding a Comment.  Interesting.

Thanks,
Ryan

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2020

Hi @Ryan Cabanas 

I think those are the only option if you're sharing with a 'project'.  

We use 'groups' to get around this.  I create a group, then add the people who need access to the filter.

If you need more help on groups, the link below should assist:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/create-groups-and-update-permissions-744721627.html

Regards, Liam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events