Can i search for number of issue created each month in a year

Ngoc Tuan Lam October 8, 2017

Hi guys , i want to search for number of issue created every month this year so that i can display it as a chart .

Right now i just found out a way is to use JQL to find the number for each month , then collect them all and build a chart but its quite tedious.

I just don't know is there anyway else more elegant that can return a result like 

{ January : 10, February : 12 , March : 3 , .... } one time . 

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2017

Hi Ngoc

Yes, you would use a JQL query on the createdDate field. You could also query for the whole year, export it to Excel (make sure that createdDate is one of the exported columns), sort it on createdDate and count for each month.

Alternatively, you could use the REST API to automate this, where you can check the number for each month as you're wanting. See here for details of the API

Ngoc Tuan Lam October 9, 2017

Hi Warren,

According to your suggestion , i still have to count the number of issue myself. I just wonder is there any way that can return me number of issues per month directly ?

Bob Davis July 18, 2019

=COUNTIF(E:E,"2018-09*")

Suggest an answer