• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Can i move/re-assign all the issues under 1 epic to another epic in 1 step ? or at least remove the relation between all the issues at its epic, incase i no more want that epic ?

Can i move/re-assign all the issues under 1 epic to another epic in 1 step ? or at least remove the relation between all the issues at its epic, incase i no more want that epic ?

Caroline Fransis January 19, 2017

5 answers

3 votes
Jad Sayegh February 19, 2020

This isn't available on Next Gen Jira cloud is it? Can't find the ability to change the parent issue / epic in the bulk edit panel

gagan_suie February 25, 2020

I couldn't find this either.

Meetu March 10, 2020

yes, even I don't see it in cloud jira

3 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2017

The quickest way is to use the bulk change tools if you have permission to use it. 

Step 1. Filter your issues so that you can see all the issues that you wish to move.

Step 2. Under the tools option choose bulk change for either all issues or those only on the current page depending on which you require.

Step 3. Select each issue from the list

Step 4. Select edit issues

Step 5. Confirm the new epic to link them to. Possibly disabling the email update if appropriate and available. Useful for when there are a lot of changes to reduce email noise.

Step 6. Confirm your action making sure you check it carefully.

Bill OLeary April 15, 2020

I don't get the option to move the epic link?

image.png

Like Russell Meller likes this
Stefan Marogel May 13, 2020

Seems next-gens don't have this. I also tried the same steps.

2 votes
Josh Noe March 21, 2019

1. Click "Search" in the upper-left.

2. Click "Advanced Search For Issues" in the bottom-left.

3. Type this into the search bar, replacing ABC-123 with your Epic Id, then hit enter:

"Epic Link" = ABC-123

4. Use Bulk change described in the first answer and elsewhere.

1 vote
Xenia Chilkowich January 15, 2019

what filter to you use to find all of the issues in an epic? That is what I'm struggling with

0 votes
Haran Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2019

@Caroline Fransi  ,@Xenia Chilkowich  you can use JQL to filter the linkedissues in a Ticket. 

"linkedIssue" in linkedIssues("Enter your epic ticket number")

Note: In place of Enter your epic ticket number type your epic id. Donot mere copy paste.

Suggest an answer