Can i connect multiple JIRA projects to one slack channel

Rex Pugh October 25, 2018

I used JIRA cloud for slack and connected one JIRA project to the channel. How can I add another project to that same channel? 

4 answers

1 vote
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2020

I was having this same issue... or so I thought. Turns out if you open Jira and go to EACH PROJECT, click Project Settings > Automation > Slack Integration.  You have to add the integration for each from the project settings page.

Oscar Marquez November 9, 2022

Thank you Scott.  I was able to make new connections to one slack channel.  My path in Jira was: EACH PROJECT, click Project Settings > Apps > Slack Integration.

0 votes
Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2022

i like this integration mostly for the listener, when someone mentions a jira ticket, it will automatically display the ticket context in the slack channel, but it appears i need to explicitly integrate each project in order for this to work

0 votes
Navinder Singh August 4, 2022

Jira Cloud for Slack (Official) I am able to use to track multiple project but it is so tedious to setup. 

I have 10+ project to track for each project I have to connect separately then add JQL filters in each project to get exact tickets update I am looking for. 

Is there a way to use JQL to track tickets instead using projects ? 

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2018

Hello Rex,

There two add-ons available to integrate JIRA and Slack:

Jira Cloud for Slack (Official) - This is the official Slack Integration provided by Atlassian and allows you to integrate all your projects to a single channel in your Slack Workspace called "jira".

Slack Jira Integration - This add-on allows you to integrate your JIRA subscription to multiple Slack Channels and also integrate multiple projects to a single channel as you mentioned.

Please, let me know which one you are using if you need more details about it.

Rex Pugh October 26, 2018

I used JIRA Cloud and was able to connect only 1 JIRA project to slack. After I connected it, there was no way to add another project, the project selection drop down was diabled and greyed out. 

So I used Slack JIRA integration to add the second JIRA project to the same slack channel

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2018

Hello Rex,

Jira Cloud for Slack (Official) allows you to integrate multiple projects to the default channel mentioned before, however, you must have the project Administration permission to perform such integration.

I think that maybe you were facing some permission problems, that's why the projects were appearing greyed out.

Anyway, I'm glad to know that you were able to achieve your need with Slack Jira Integration.

Please, let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Suggest an answer