Can i buy multiple licenses with the same account?

chandan srinivasappa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 2, 2019

Hi All,

We have couple of different team who have different instances and data. Hence just wanted to check if i can buy multiple licenses with my single JIRA account.

3 answers

1 vote
Deleted user January 2, 2019

Hi @chandan srinivasappa,

The short answer is, yes.  For more information, you can go through Purchasing & Licensing FAQ

Regards,
Kishore Kumar Gangavath.

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2019

You are right that there is a huge step from starter license to the next one.

But if you are growing, it will be cheaper to have one license with 50users instead of two with 25.

Some other points to consider:

• You need more servers or at least a more powerful server when you are hosting multiple instances 
  • There is more maintenance needed as all instances have to be updated/maintained/backuped/etc 
  • If you want to work together between the different instances it is a lot more difficult than if they are all in one instance
  • Users may need an account on more than one instance, so they are counting for more than one license 
0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2019

Hi @chandan srinivasappa,

You can buy as many licenses as you want with your account.

But you should think about it, if it makes sense to buy another license or if it is better to use one license in a bigger installation. 

chandan srinivasappa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 3, 2019

thanks for the reply bastian, But as i see for 10 user license it cost 10$ where as 25 user license cost 2500$. So there is huge cost difference when we go for one license in a bigger installation. Do you have any suggestion on this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events