Can fields display based on issue status?

Deleted user April 16, 2021

We are planning on implementing a Kanban board for feature analysis where features are represented as issues and one of the ideas proposed to support this was to have issues progress through the stages of Open, Review, Analyze, and Ready, with new fields being required at each stage. For instance, as the issue moves from Review to Analyze, new fields for Analysis Summary, Solution Analysis, and Go/No Go would display and be required before the epic could move on to the Ready status. Is there a way to create custom fields and only display/require them by issue status?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Buzon April 16, 2021

You can certainly require certain fields be needed before a specific transition can occur - that can be controlled on Classic projects (not next-gen) as a validator or conditional step - but making things visible at different times isn't something I can speak much on - there are a few things (like configuring the opsbar buttons), but generally speaking the visibility of fields is not that dynamic.

chrome_2021-04-16_13-25-17.png

Someone here may have some better advice or have an add-on suggestion for that idea, though.

Deleted user April 21, 2021

Thanks Chris! I'll take this back to my team. We feared that the fields weren't that dynamic but it was worth a shot.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events