Can custom field values be connected?

Jannik Mortensen September 22, 2015

I have 2 fields both drop down

Name_Short: (this is for creating issues)

AAA

BBB

CCC

Name_Long: (This is for the edit/view screen)

John Doe

John Smith

Tom Smith

When i select AAA in Name_Short i would like that John Doe is selected in Name_Long and Viceversa.

Is it possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2015

Yes you can do it with workflow post functions and using different screens for create and view screens.

1. Add both fields to your field configuration
  2. Add Name_Short to create screen
  3. Add Name_Long to view screen and every workflow transition screen for which you want it to be editable
  4. For create transition of your workflow add script post function that sets value of Name_Long based on Name_Short, you can check this documentation https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_post_functions
0 votes
Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2015

use nfeed plugin which will suit best for this type of scenario. You can also use the concept of nfeed plugin to develop a listener to do the job.

thanks,

Sumit

Suggest an answer