Can custom field values be connected?

I have 2 fields both drop down

Name_Short: (this is for creating issues)

AAA

BBB

CCC

Name_Long: (This is for the edit/view screen)

John Doe

John Smith

Tom Smith

When i select AAA in Name_Short i would like that John Doe is selected in Name_Long and Viceversa.

Is it possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

Yes you can do it with workflow post functions and using different screens for create and view screens.

1. Add both fields to your field configuration
  2. Add Name_Short to create screen
  3. Add Name_Long to view screen and every workflow transition screen for which you want it to be editable
  4. For create transition of your workflow add script post function that sets value of Name_Long based on Name_Short, you can check this documentation https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_post_functions

use nfeed plugin which will suit best for this type of scenario. You can also use the concept of nfeed plugin to develop a listener to do the job.

thanks,

Sumit

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,865 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot