Can closed tickets appear on the "Link issues" drop-down list on a ticket?

lea.maire February 6, 2020

Hi all, 

I want to be able to link tickets to closed tickets (so that a team can warn the other that an issue is linked to another issue we already had). 

On the dropdown list of tickets that shows up when I link a ticket to another, I only have open issues. 

Do you know if I can also show closed tickets here?

Thanks a lot in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2020

Fair question @lea.maire . To be honest, I’m not sure what defines the list but have often wondered when using. I know that it is auto-complete-ish and seems to have some influences of recent issues. What I don’t know is if resolved issues are actually excluded but I assume that is what you are seeing. I assume you can use the search function when linking and can find and link a closed issue?

regardless of the above and admitting my lack of precise knowledge of the algorithm used for producing the list, I’m confident in offering that as a user you cannot configure this. of course I would love to have someone educate me further and prove me wrong here. 

Hi @jack 

Thanks a lot for your answer!
Even when I use the search function when linking a ticket closed tickets aren't displayed so I guess you are right in your second point saying I cannot configure this myself.

Do you have any idea who I can contact to do it?

Thanks again! 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2020

I am able to successfully find and link a closed issue.
2B40CE5F-D541-479A-9B78-4F75262EDE87.jpeg

I can find them too if I look for them in the global search field but I cannot see them in the list displayed in the search field for linked tickets

0 votes
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

Hi @lea.maire 

Could you please check if you have any workflow property that prevents it on the closed status.

Regards,

Hi @Georges Moubarak

Thanks a lot for your answer!

I don't find any workflow property that prevents it on the closed tickets.

Actually I can go on a closed ticket and link it to an open ticket but I want to do the opposite. My problem is more that the issues are not displayed on the drop-down list. 

Please tell me if I'm not clear enough :) 

Regards,

Suggest an answer