Can backlog quick create be configured to create a jira ticket and keep it visible?

Jeff Barlow June 16, 2018

In my Jira board's backlog, if I type at the bottom of a sprint to quick create a jira ticket, it says it's not visible given the current board's filters. This is true. I have a custom filter on a field for the entire board. 

My question is, how can I fix the quick create functionality so that when I type in the quick create box, it automatically creates the ticket with a given jira field value so the ticket stays in view?

This is really killing the ease of use of this feature. Thanks for any help!

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2018
Jeff Barlow June 18, 2018

The filter for the board is 'Dev Team' == 'My Team'

We've created a new board specific to My Team by adding this filter. That kb is my problem but offers no help in solving it. I am looking for a way to update the field values that are automatically assigned when creating a new jira ticket via this quick method so that the ticket is created with the custom field 'Dev Team' == 'My Team' so it stays in view. Any way to do that?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2018

You can add the Update Issue Field post function for the create transition to update the required fields.

Suggest an answer