Can an email notification be sent to a specific user based on a field/info in the ticket?

Erin Sobecki
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2019

I'm relatively new to Jira. Our collective marketing department currently uses Jira Kanban and all users have varying managers. This has grown from just one team previously using the board. We would like to notify certain users when a ticket moves into "blocked" status. Is it possible to have email notifications triggered based on fields/information in the ticket? Would this require heavy customization? The ultimate goal is to make it so certain users are only being notified for their team's tickets. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

@Erin Sobecki , @Joe Pitt  is correct. it won't do it out of the box. However a great add-on to drop in there which does a TON of useful things is Jira Misc Workflow Extensions.

That has an explicit "email this issue" post function available and it can trigger conditionally with non-intimidating Groovy validation and conditioning. Generally speaking, this is one of the "must have" apps added to your system as it provides a ton of additional functionality to help your workflows shine.

Erin Sobecki
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2019

@Joe Pitt & @Mike Rathwell good to know - thank you both!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

Not out of the box. there may be a plugin that would do it

Suggest an answer