Can a ScriptRunner script time out?

I've seen an issue transition time out before. But how does JIRA handle a ScriptRunner post script that's taking a long time? Will it execute to a point then kill it upon timeout? Will it ever transition but not complete the script?

Also, is there a way to postpone timeout on certain scripts?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

The transition will happen... you can test this by adding a post-function that just has:

Thread.sleep(60_000)

The UI will timeout though, you get a message like "we don't know the result of the transition". This is not specific to script runner scripts, any post-function that runs too long can do this.

> Also, is there a way to postpone timeout on certain scripts?

Not really sure what you mean, but the easiest way to just return immediately is to create a new thread and do the work there.

What do you think about this? I elaborated on the issue here: [my other question|https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/8628883] We're receiving this error message: Error Messages: [It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Back to Open) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (TESDD-3). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details.]

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

106 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you