Can The Rich Filter Controller Gadget Filter a Query Within a Query?

Andrew Butters January 13, 2020

I have a query that looks something like this: 

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("type=Epic AND project=IEI") AND type in (story, task, defect) AND status not in (Closed, Done, Rejected, Deferred)

It takes all the Epics it finds in the issuesInEpics function and returns all the stories, tasks, and defects for those Epics that are in a certain status. I've got this query behind a Two Dimensional Rich Filter Statistics Gadget. I also have a Rich Filter Controller Gadget so I can dynamically select things like fixversion. 

The issue is when I set the Rich Filter Controller Gadget's filter to only select a specific fixversion, the filtering only occurs on the main query, not the sub-query (the bold part of the text above). 

Essentially, using the Rich Filter Controller Gadget's filtering does this to the query: 

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("type=Epic AND project=IEI") AND type in (story, task, defect) AND status not in (Closed, Done, Rejected, Deferred) AND fixversion in (ver1, ver2)

When what I need it to do is: 

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("type=Epic AND project=IEI AND fixversion in (ver1, ver2)") AND type in (story, task, defect) AND status not in (Closed, Done, Rejected, Deferred) AND fixversion in (ver1, ver2)

Is there any way to do this? 

0 answers

Suggest an answer