Can Text Field formatting be disabled when setting field to read-only with Behaviours?

jameshartleroad December 30, 2020

Using Behaviours I've set a multi-line Text Field, with wiki rendering, to be read-only except for an automation group.   The text of the field is read-only, but when in edit mode and the field view is set to Text the formatting box can be used to inject formatting like bold, insert, etc. into the the text.

In the Behaviour for the field I set it to Readonly with an exception condition for the automation group and I also I tired adding an Initializer with setAllowInlineEdit(false) for the field, but that didn't work.   The text can not be directly edited, but you can still inject the formatting into it.

Is there a way to disable formatting dialog for this field or is there a way to not allow them to change the view from Visual to Text on the field?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jameshartleroad December 30, 2020

I found a workaround, by setting the field to Hidden in the Behaviour it doesn't display the field when the issue is editable, which works for what I am doing.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events