Can Sharepoint sites or forms create tasks, bugs, etc. to Jira?

Doreen April 19, 2023

Hi,

Our company doesn't have Jira Service Mgmt and only Jira Project. I'm finding an efficient way for my clients to report their issues and requirements directly to Jira. I explored creating Jira forms, but it appears they still need to sign in Jira to access the form.

Since we have Office 365, is there a way I can connect a Sharepoint site or Sharepoint form to creating a bug/task in Jira?

For instance, my client would access the Sharepoint site, which has a unique link to each Sharepoint form that is uniquely created for each Jira issue type (bug, epic, task, etc.). When they submit the Sharepoint form, I can somehow send all those details to a specific Jira project and all the content is mapped over.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

hi @Doreen 

The solution I have currently in mind with low/no code approach is using sharepoint lists combined with power-automate if you have it within your office365 subscription.

Simply, the client will create a ticket on sharepoint list (list record using a form)

Then the power-automate flow will be triggered when a new record is added and call Jira APIs to create the Jira ticket with the info coming from sharepoint.

Let me know how it went for you and if further elaboration is needed.

Cheers,

Karim

Suggest an answer