Can Microsoft Project be integrated with JIRA Server?

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino January 17, 2017

Hi,

I am using JIRA Software and Core v7.19 on a dedicated server and I would like to know if a MPP file can be imported to a JIRA project as well as exported from JIRA to MPP.

Can anyone tell me if this integration is supported by JIRA? OR Do I need to install a plugin/add-on?

FYI - I also have installed the following add-ons related to planning:

1. Portfolio for JIRA v2.0.8
  2. WBS Gantt-Chart for JIRA v8.6.0.13

Thanks,

Victoria

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2017

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Are you trying to sync the tasks in MPS to JIRA? Is it a one time activity or do you want to keep them in sync?

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino January 18, 2017

I want to know if issues in JIRA can be updated from and to MPP..... just like that...many IBM project teams use MPP to sync with their tools (e.g. Rational Team Concert) and I need to know if JIRA also offers that functionality....

Can you confirm me if the integration is possible and to what extent?

Thanks,

Victoria.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2017

You can do this with the help of ConnectAll, a third party application. Check out https://www.go2group.com/connectall/adapters/microsoft-project-server/ 

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino January 20, 2017

So if I don't get that add-on, I won't be able to get any kind of integration with MPP and JIRA, right?

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2017

You need some kinds of an add-on. There is no default integration.

Suggest an answer