Can Jira draw a graph of Burndown, not based on Closed status?

Антон Клочихин August 22, 2019

Jira draws Burndown chart when tasks moves into status Closed. In my project, there is an additional status Ready for release
Tasks could being in this status (Ready for release) for a week
(this is tasks that have already been tested, but not yet deployed on Production server).
Accordingly, Burndown chart does not display real progress of team.
Could you tell me, is it possible to draw Burndown chart in Jira by the status of Ready for release, and not Closed?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user August 22, 2019

Jack's right, the last column on the board 'triggers' the burndown. So...

Create an additional board just like the one you have, but remove the "Closed" status/column so that the board ends with the 'Ready for release' column/status. the burndown chart for that board should give you what you want.

note - you don't have to use that board for anything else, just the burndown if that's what you want.

thank you, i will try it

0 votes
Verona Fule December 10, 2019

hi @[deleted] I've seen before that I can choose another status as the 'resolved' state. if I make the "Ready for release" from this example a 'resolved' state but I still have the Done column, will the burndown still just base on the Done status/column? thanks

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2019

clarification, burndown is associated w/ the status(es) in the righthand-most column of the scrum board.

could you make a screenshot, please?

so if my right column is Closed and second from right column is Ready for release, its impossible to config Jira to draw Burndown chart based on Ready for release?

Suggest an answer