Can I view JIRA issues and links in a tree as a nested list

Eoin Ryan Atlassian Team Jan 12, 2014

Can I view JIRA issues and links in a tree as a nested list; e.g.

- Project 1

-- Epic 1

--- Story 1

---- Task 1

--- Story 2

-- Epic 2

--- Story 3

---- Task 2

---- Task 3

- Project 2

-- Epic 3

--- Story 4

---- Task 4

5 answers

1 accepted

You could also take a look at the Structure plugin :

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.almworks.jira.structure

Best regards,

Peter

You should have a look at the Jira Links Hierarchy plugin. You'll find it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.docminer.jira.issue-links

Impact for JIRA (http://bit.ly/1tYPzxu) does that.

Regards, 

Luc

Search for "link" in marketplace.atlassian.com to get a list of plugins that can do this.

Besides of hierarchy , is there any way to show the issue links as a tree?  I have an special issue type in the same level of user stories that is defined in a MAIN project and which contains relations to user stories from other projects. This means that this "special" issue type is cross-projects and the "relates" issue link refers to the user stories that other projects has to complete. Since this requirements are not big enough, I cannot move them as an Epics. How can I solve this? 

e.g: MAIN PROJECT contains:

Epic 1

-- <Issue Type> A 

--- Relates to User Story 1 in Project X

--- Relates to User Story 2 in Project Y

--- Relates to User Story 1 in Project Z

-- <Issue Type> B

--- Relates to User Story 4 in Project X

--- Relates to User Story 1 in Project Y

Thanks in advance!

Hello Legna,

You could use the Impact for Jira add-on, it does exactly that. You could have the main JQL search query be something like "project = KEY and issuetype = EPIC". This would display all your Epics in your project on the first level, then display the issues related to those epics on the second level, and other issues related to those issues on the third level, etc.

You can configure which issue links are displayed and which are ignored, and set the depth of levels.

Hopes this helps.

do you have something for cloud version? "impact for jira" is available only for server version. 

thanks!

I am sorry, I didn't know you were on Cloud. There is no built-in solution in Jira to visualize the issues that way, and the only plugins I used that could do that (Impact and Structure) are only for Jira Server.

I suggest you do a search on the marketplace with some keywords like "issue tree" or something similar. Or you could create a new question on this board, since your question appeared as a new answer to an old question, so very few people will see it.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

32 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you