Can I use a workflow for multiple issues in a release in a Jira project?

Deleted user February 22, 2017

Hi,

As a result of an audit we are looking at reworking our release proces. One of the things we run into is that we want to be able to use a workflow on a release that sets a status on all issues in the release at once instead of us having to change each issue in the release manually.

We're looking for a way to show if an issue is been released to acc, prod etc. as part of a release. Something like this:

issue x > fixed > tested > ready for release 0.3

Issue y > fixed > tested > ready for release 0.3

Issue z > in progress

Add Issue x and y to release 0.3

Release 0.3 to acc

Acceptance of release 0.3

Release 0.3 to prod

After this I'd like issues x and y to show that these two issues are on prod, who put them on acc, approved them and put them on prod.

Is this possible using a workflow?

3 answers

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2017

It seems that you need some handler on release event. I hope this will help: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/53306

0 votes
Deleted user March 8, 2017

Kind of.

Basically what I want is that if release 0.3 goes to Acc, all issues in that release also get some kind of label that shows they are deployed to Acc.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2017

Do you mean that you have, for example, 20 issues for release 0.3.

When date of release is coming you want to set all this issues to some statuses, depends on its current state. Is it so?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events