Can I unsend

Laura Ingles May 2, 2019

Wrote a message but now a colleague has decided to answer it and wants me to unsend a message, I sent to the client so they don't get confused. Can I unsend?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2019

Hi @Laura Ingles - By message are you meaning a comment on a JIRA ticket? 

Laura Ingles May 2, 2019

Yes, I mean comment. Sorry still learning JIRA language.

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2019

No worries @Laura Ingles . With a comment you are not unable to unsend the email notification it sends. You can delete the comment if you have the correct permissions in the project. But the email notification will still contain the comment you posted as part of it.

Laura Ingles May 2, 2019

@Bryan Trummer I thought the message would still be sent and I was correct.

Thank you, Bryan. Still learning the ins and outs. Is there a training video by any chance on JIRA?

Laura

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2019

You're welcome @Laura Ingles .

The following link is some free tutorials on JIRA from Atlassian. Atlassian also has quite a bit of documentation out there for JIRA with variations based on your method Server or Cloud. The second link is a Getting Started with JIRA for Cloud.

https://training.atlassian.com/training-for-jira

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/getting-started/basics

Of course any questions you have you can always search out here on the Community for an answer or post a question.

Good luck with discovering JIRA, it's a fun journey!

Also, If you feel that your original question has been answered could select the "Accept Answer" at top so this is cataloged correctly for any future users looking for answers.

Laura Ingles May 2, 2019

@Bryan Trummer thanks so much for the helpful links.

0 votes
Geert Peter May 22, 2021

Hi @Bryan Trummer 

Concerning "You can delete the comment if you have the correct permissions in the project. But the email notification will still contain the comment you posted as part of it."

What you can do to make sure the notification is updated.
Edit the comment first (if you have the permissions of course) and replace the text with "-". Then save. Then delete the comment.
The notification will be updated to "Delete" and the text in the comment will be replaced by the "-" so the text that you did not want to disclose is gone.

regards,

Suggest an answer