Can I show story point totals for filters in a JIRA dashboard?

I am using a number of filter results gadgets in a dashboard to drive my team's work. It is important to understand the number of issues (stories) in their queues. But more important is to understand the total number of *story points* in their queues. Are there any gadgets that can display total story points for a given filter?

I'm using OnDemand JIRA and Greenhopper.

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

The closest that you can do is to use the "Greenhopper Statistics Burndown Chart", select Story Points and the context for the team. Of course this means you need to have one context per team (I guess this should be there already if you are using Task board for daily scrum).

This only works for one project at a time, and even then it seems to require that you create versions (which we're not using).

All I want to be able to do is see the total size of the backlog (in story points), ideally across proejcts, so that we can see how much work is stacked up and do some capacity planning. Surely this is what jira/agile is supposed to give us?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

468 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you