Can I show story point totals for filters in a JIRA dashboard?

John Macleod May 1, 2012

I am using a number of filter results gadgets in a dashboard to drive my team's work. It is important to understand the number of issues (stories) in their queues. But more important is to understand the total number of *story points* in their queues. Are there any gadgets that can display total story points for a given filter?

I'm using OnDemand JIRA and Greenhopper.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

The closest that you can do is to use the "Greenhopper Statistics Burndown Chart", select Story Points and the context for the team. Of course this means you need to have one context per team (I guess this should be there already if you are using Task board for daily scrum).

1 vote
Deleted user November 20, 2013

This only works for one project at a time, and even then it seems to require that you create versions (which we're not using).

All I want to be able to do is see the total size of the backlog (in story points), ideally across proejcts, so that we can see how much work is stacked up and do some capacity planning. Surely this is what jira/agile is supposed to give us?

dbrogger March 11, 2022

We are also struggling with this issue. 

How, in the name of Jira, can you filter on story points so a dashboard widget will give you an idea of how many story points are left your backlog, how many story points have been completed, and a delta of the two for reporting purposes?

Surely this can't be a one off request?

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 15, 2022

Hi,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Maybe our app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards would work for your use case.

With the statistics gadgets you can sum up story points per most Jira fields (e.g. issue status).

On top of that you can add a controller to your dashboard and filter the results on your gadgets dynamically (e.g. per project or component). 

quick-filters-jira-dashboards_story-points-per-status.png

Suggest an answer