Can I share users in JIRA if I have different number of users licensed per application?

Simon December 21, 2011

I'm currently working through the Atlassian Integrated Suite documentaiton. I really like the way you can manage the users in JIRA and use the same logins in the other applications such as Confluence and FishEye. Does this approach work with licenses that support different numbers of users? For example, if I get the 50 users license for JIRA can I then get a 25 user license for FishEye or a 10 user license for Confluence? If so, how do I go about defining which users can use which applications?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2012

Hi Simon,

It will work, but you'll need to take care to not pass the license limit of each application.

E.G.

Jira has a 25 users license

Confluence has a 10 users license

When you configure Confluence to use the userbase from JIRA, you'll need to allow a maximum of 10 users to be able to login confluence. One way to accomplish that is to put only 10 users inside a group in JIRA and allow only this group to access Confluence by giving "can use" permission to that group inside Confluence. This documentation may help you: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Global+Permissions+Overview

Hope it helps :)

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer