Can I share fields / content between two projects?

Bob Hunt August 8, 2017

We have two JIRA projects. One for members outside of development and one that is internal.

In the external project users will request new features, report bugs etc.

The internal project includes these types and also other types used internally by the development team. 

I am trying to set up a process where an external (i.e. Marketing) can request a feature and a specific release that they desire. Upon ticket creation a corresponding ticket is created in the 'internal' project with appropriate fields passed to the internal project. This all works fine with a plugin.

I would like to have these two tickets linked in such a way that common fields / status in both projects stay in sync. For example, I want the the cloned ticket in the internal project is 'Closed' I want the originatating ticket to also close.

Is it possible to implement such a sync. mechanism?

3 answers

1 vote
nireliyahu May 28, 2019

How to do it in the next-gen project?

1 vote
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

Hi Bob,

yes, this is possible. You can accomplish this task with Backbone Issue Sync for JIRA. It allows you to configure which issue types, fields and workflows you want to map.

There are also some other addons available which should do the job. Have a look here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=issue+sync

Cheers,
Matthias

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 9, 2017

As Matthias is saying, there are multiple solutions for synchronisations, each with there own advantages and disadvantages.

We are building Exalate - issue sync for JIRA and Cloud - which allows to implement the most complex synchronisation cases (through scripting)

Francis

Suggest an answer