Can I set up Portfolio to configure custom fields?

David Freedman July 1, 2016

I added fields for the Teams in JIRA to my story.  This is a custom field that we added.  This is used to control my agile boards.   I make the team a required field when I create the issue.

When i create issues in Portfolio I am fine, but when I try to commit the story to JIRA it fails since the field is required.  Is there any way to have Portfolio configure the custom field when I try to commit the story to JIRA.

2 answers

0 votes
David Freedman July 5, 2016

No.  I am using Chrome and it fails.  I am attaching a screenshot.Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 10.30.43 AM.png

Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2016

Hi David, 

Thanks for getting back to us. Because the dialog isn't coming up, I would ask you file a support request so that our Technical Support team can look into it further. 

https://support.atlassian.com/

Best,
Allard 

0 votes
Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2016

Hi David,

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry to say that this is not possible at the moment. We're still exploring how to set up configurations such as yours in the most useful way. 

If you want you can vote on the related feature request here, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPO-155.

However, when the issue commit fails because of a required field, an issue create dialog should appear asking you to fill in the required field manually. Does this not happen for you?

Best,
Allard 

Russell Edkins January 31, 2018

Looking at JPO-155 it doesn't appear there's been much movement on this since the question was raised but I have a similar issue. We've made Epic Link a mandatory field when creating a Story. We actually did this using post-validation on the Create workflow step - which is probably a slightly different method than the original poster used.

When we create and commit a Story from Portfolio, we do actually see a popup screen asking for required fields, but, Epic Link isn't one of the fields, so we can't commit. What would be good is to have a way to manage what fields are displayed in that popup.

Russ

Suggest an answer