Can I set a reminder when a sprint close date is due?

Heena tarachandani March 9, 2020

Hi,

Does JIRA offer any functionality to enable the reminder or email when a sprint close date is due? Eg- If my sprint is ending today, I should be getting the email or reminder about it. I don't need any other reminders.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2020

There isn’t any way to query on the ends date of a sprint and subsequently no way to have an email reminder. With that said you can use the sprint health gadget to visualize this. Moreover, sprints are typically so intertwined with how teams work the end date should be quite obvious. If you are doing daily sprints that should lead to little confusion. 

0 votes
Beatrix Ducz May 11, 2022

I think Atlassian should be more flexible about how Jira or other tools can be used. I build websites, run several projects parallel, and my initial build is in a sprint, and after the user feedback (can be 6 months) the second sprint is to do the required modifications. I often leave sprints open in case a ticket comes from that user, but if I decided I want 2 weeks for myself to finish the second part, and finish earlier, and turn into another project, I don't track which sprint is over and unclosed, so I'd need a reminder.  I could use any good advices as well managing this, how others do it. (Not in team) 

Suggest an answer