Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can I see the original ticket before any changes?

In a wiki, I can choose history and then pick a date, and see what the ticket looked like on that date

Is there a way to see the originally entered ticket (or minimally the original description) in jira?

TYA

2 answers

0 votes
Ollie Guan Community Leader Jun 15, 2022

Hi @Jeff Cartwright ,

As a complement, some of the available 3rd party plugins mentioned by @Trudy Claspill 

Description History Tab for Jira

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219698/description-history-tab-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Hello @Jeff Cartwright 

Welcome to the community.

Looking through the history of an individual issue you would need to find the first time the Description field was changed. That history entry will show you the original value of the field, before it was changed the first time.

In this example the original value of the Description field was nothing.

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 5.14.16 PM.png

I'm not aware of a way to pick a date and see all the info for all the fields in the issue on that specific date, but maybe there is a feature or third party app of which I am unaware.of which I am unaware.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you