Can I report on what workflow transitions have executed in a given period?

Craig November 27, 2013

I'd like to know how many of each workflow transition were executed between a date range?

Is there anything built into JIRA to do this or any plugins that might be suitable?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2013

You can do some of it via JQL. Try the following for example

status changed from "open" to "in progress" by xyz after -2w

You can include "before", use real dates etc

Craig November 27, 2013

That's nice thank you.

Deleted user October 9, 2016

If an issue goes through this transition multiple times it only get reported once. I am looking for a count of the transitions rather simply a list of issues that have been through the state change. Any thoughts?

Like Sager Davidson likes this
0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2019

For those interested in a ready to use solution, Time in Status app by OBSS produces reports that show how many times each status or each transition was used.

The app facilitates time filters to filter issues, not tansitions but might be of use to you.

All report data can be exported as XLS, XLSX or CSV.

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2013

Hi, you can look at via https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.andreymarkelov.atlas.plugins.datacollector

This addon allows to look at transitions by users

Suggest an answer