Can I rename Issue?

LavanyaR April 4, 2012

Hi

Our company's users use term Issue for bugs and tickets. Can we rename this label to something else? If yes, please help in how to do it.

Regards

Vineet

4 answers

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2012

Basically is the same question like this

There you can see how to make the change you're looking for.

1 vote
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2012
You could just add this issue type to Jira and bulk move your issues to the new issue type.
LavanyaR April 4, 2012

Thanks. It is more than Issue Type. I want to change term/ label "Issue" from everwhere. So basically Issue will need to be renamed to "Work" or something else accross the system.

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2012
Ah, i understand better now. You could create your own translation of Jira using the site https://translations.atlassian.com/
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2012
Ah Sorry, but i think you can't install your own language on OnDemand. I suggest you should ask for that
Karin Lucas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 28, 2018

Dieter - that is helpful.  So, if I understand you correctly, if I want my epic issues to match our corporate standard I would have to create an Epic Issue Type for each one (for example:  HCM EPIC) in order that the prefix say "HCM EPIC" instead of KAIN (which is the 1st four prefix of the project name)?

0 votes
Karin Lucas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 28, 2018

I want to rename an epic "issue".  I went into the project and adjusted the short name but it keeps picking up the 1st four "KAIN" and I'd like it to be more in line with our naming schema.  Can I set this myself or am I stuck with the 1st four prefix?

Daniel Fietta
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2018

Hi Karin,

I hope I got this right.. This topic is about renaming the term "Issue" itself. You can rename Epics anyway you want them, but only the "Epic Name". Are you talking about renaming the issue key of the epic? Every issue in a project gets an issue key that consists out of the project key (in your case I guess that is KAIN) and a consecutive number, like KAIN-23. And the Epic Name for the issue KAIN-23 can be "HCM Epic".

I hope this helps to understand it?

Suggest an answer