Can I remove the dashboard list column?

Rian Mueller September 3, 2013

To the left of all my dashboards is a column that lists all my dashboard to quickly select between them. But I also can select between my dashboards using the Dashboard dropdown from the JIRA header. It's just one extra click. I'd rather have the extra screen space for my dashboards than a single click to switch between dashboards. Can I remove this column?

9 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Phil Knoll May 9, 2014

I rid myself of that column by removing all favorited dashboards so that I now have only one dashboard.

Verify dashboard singularity @

• "Dashboards" > "Manage Dashboards" > "Favorites"
  • "Dashboards" > "Manage Dashboards" > "My"
Rian Mueller May 9, 2014

OMG thank you, that's it! I can't believe how long it took to get an answer!

Joel Plutchak April 19, 2017

While that certainly works (and thanks for that!), it would be nice if we could t lest collapse that column. It eats screen space and duplicates drop-down menu fiunctionality.

Like John F Juraco likes this
Saba November 23, 2018

But then whenever I visit a dashboard which is not in my favorite I get this annoying pop up that this dashboard is not available in your list... How can get rid of that pop up?

2 votes
Rian Mueller September 3, 2013

I don't have that? You mean like the expand/collapse of the filters list/panel on the issue navigator? That doesn't exist for this column.

1 vote
elena toffalori February 11, 2019

I had this same issue but also needed to check frequently the other dashboards and removing them from favorites made it harder... (not all were mine), so I added a text gadget to the top of all my dashboards with the link to all the other relevant dashboards :)

BTW it's absurd that we can't remove this sidebar.

1 vote
Rian Mueller January 23, 2014

I don't see the arrow that Pedro Cora is talking about. My dashboard column has a list of dashboards and nothing else. Can anyone else help? Thanks.

0 votes
Jaya Deekonda November 26, 2018

Step 1 : Go to 'Manage Dashboards' -->Favorites

Step 2: Click edit on each dashboard and remove/uncheck the favorite setting against it (bookmark the dashboard url as a backup before removing from favorites).

Note: The dashboards you created will still be accessible from the 'My' section of 'Manage Dashboards'. The others you have hopefully bookmarked.

Step 3: Once the 'Favorites' are all deleted, go to the specific dashboard you want to view by going to 'Manage Dashboards' --> 'My' --> Click on Dashboard wishing to view.

carlos lugo January 11, 2019

Not a solution as this produces yet another patented "Annoying and unavoidable Jira popup".

Jaya Deekonda January 11, 2019

Hmm...worked for me....no pops. Just removing the dashboards from favorites worked. Maybe its a version thing.

0 votes
Joris Hehenkamp September 11, 2018

drag the dashboard menu to the left, over the other one

and/ or press the border of it on the right (line becomes blue)

Saba November 23, 2018

couldn't find the handle to drag

0 votes
Joris Hehenkamp September 11, 2018

not solved right?

0 votes
Eban Escott February 27, 2014

Did you work this out? I just added another dashboard and the column appeared eating up my screen real estate. How can I remove it?

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2013

While there's no way to remove this column, you can collapse it by clicking in the < next to the Dashboard names.

Saba November 23, 2018

here is no such thing or at least mine doesnt have it

Suggest an answer