Can I query committed issues using issue navigator?

Christine Coenen July 16, 2021

After a sprint has closed, I would like to be able to see the issues that were committed at the start of the sprint (not including anything that was added or removed).  EazyBI has these filters but it will be time consuming to drill into every team.  My thought was if I could query this then I can get one result and export the data.

3 answers

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021

Hi @Christine Coenen

You can combine the eazyBI Sprint Issues committed measure with the Sprint dimension to get issues assigned to a selected sprint when the sprint was started. See example report (from all used measures, you can select only the measures you are interested in): https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/243468-sprint-issue-balance?

You can add any other dimension to drill further into the measure, e.g., Team (what kind of field is the team?).

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Christine Coenen July 19, 2021

Thanks, I do not want to use EazyBI.  I was looking for a way to do this in Issue Navigator.  I want the list of issues and it is too difficult to drill into EazyBI for the number of teams that I am working with.  Each team has their own sprint so this will become quite cumbersome in EazyBI.

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021

@Christine Coenen I'm sorry for misunderstanding your question!

Still, I guess it depends on how you define the Team. For example, you could show the last closed Sprint from each board and see their commitment. And from eazyBI, you can navigate directly to the issue.

If you look back to using eazyBI for this but need assistance with building the report, please do not hesitate to contact support@eazybi.com.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2021

Hi @Christine Coenen 

I do not know of a way to query that with out-of-the-box JQL.  The closest thing to it is the built-in sprint report information.

There are marketplace scripting addons which might support this with extensions of JQL.  Another option would be to use a custom field and an Automation for Jira rule to mark each issue when the sprint starts.  You may then query them using built-in JQL later.

Best regards,
Bill

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2021

Hi Christine,

I don't quite understand your question - you can generally look for things like that using JQL, but I don't understand what you mean by navigator.  Do you just mean the the page you get when you're searching for tickets?

Try this query, you'll need to modify it to include the projects you're looking to check:

project in (project1, project2, project3) AND Sprint in (openSprints())

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2021

This will return tickets in open sprints (ie, committed), and the project clause is where you specify the team (assuming your teams use separate projects).  You can change this to be "Team in (team1, team2, team3) AND Sprint in (openSprints())" if you're using a custom field called team instead.

Christine Coenen July 16, 2021

Sorry I wasn't clear - After a sprint has closed, I would like to be able to see the issues that were committed at the start of the sprint (not including anything that was added or removed).  EazyBI has these filters but it will be time consuming to drill into every team.  My thought was if I could query this then I can get one result and export the data.

Like Chris Buzon likes this
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2021

Gotcha, I don't know of any easy way to do that with just JQL - but it's possible someone else here does. 

Suggest an answer