Can I migrate fron on demand to in house transferring all the data

Greg Parsons September 9, 2012
If we sign up for on demand, can we later migrate to in house and carry across everything we have on the on demand versions of Jira and Confluence?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2012

Yes, you can. Details can be found here.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2012

Hi, whilst it *is* possible to go from OnDemand to a downloaded version, perhaps it might be better to try a non-ondemand hosted version of JIRA and any other Atlassian products.

The reason is OnDemand provides a different experience with its restrictions, differences and what not. It'll be a smoother migration.

Greg Parsons September 9, 2012
Can I ask what the differences are. Is in house a better experience than on demand?
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2012

Hi, OnDemand has restricted functions, refer to - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand for more information. The user interface is also slightly different. The administration menu I feel is lacking, but is improving for OnDemand.

If you need customizations, custom plugins, etc OnDemand might not be for you. It depends if you can manage the installation, upgrades, fixes, etc... If not then you might prefer getting JIRA externally hosted than in house.

Suggest an answer