Can I manipulate the minimize and maximize code in the gadgets?

Adam Giegel September 27, 2019

I want to make the maximize button show a modal.  Where is the code located so I can update that?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hello @Adam Giegel

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

By the flags added in your question, I believe you are using JIRA Cloud and you would like to customize the source file of a specific gadget to change the current behavior of the maximize button. Is it correct?

If that's the case, I would like to let you know there are some restricted functions in JIRA when using it in the Cloud platform. These restricted functions are created to ensure application security and stability.

One of these restricted functions is the ability to edit the source file of JIRA components, as you can see in the documentation below:

Restricted functions in JIRA Cloud applications

That being said, I believe your current goal can not be applied in JIRA Cloud, however, could you please provide us which is the modal you would like to add in the gadget and why you are needing to implement it? Maybe we can suggest you a different approach. :)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Adam Giegel September 30, 2019

Hey Petter,

Thanks for the response.  

When we click on the gadget maximize button it only removes the other gadgets from the screen.

We would like it to be highlighted in the middle of the screen by a modal or some other method.  

Thanks,

Adam

Suggest an answer