Can I make a custom field required on one screen and not required on another?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

In the same project, for the same issue type, I'd like to make a custom field required on a screen that appears as part of a workflow transition, and NOT required on the edit screen (but still visible/editable).

As I type this, I'm starting to think that this is a job for the behaviours plugin, but I have a number of issues with the plugin (requiring fields even when i change project/issue type and the fields don't apply) so if there's a different plugin (or native behavior) please let me know!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Hi Justinc,

Since you would like to make a field required only on a specific workflow transition screen, then perhaps it may be possible by installing the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin:
- https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities

The plugin comes with a Fields Required workflow validator, which you can apply on a workflow transition to make some fields required during the transition. More details on this:
- https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Validators

Hence, perhaps you may try to apply this and let's see if it helps.

Cheers!

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2012

Perfect! I'd never used validators before, this is exactly what I need. Thanks!

Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2012

Thanks Justinc! I hope that the info helps. :)

0 votes
Stephanie da Costa July 26, 2017

@Faisal . isthere a free version of teh add on by chance? 
All I want is it to be required at the epic heirarchy level and not at task. 

Thanks. 

Suggest an answer