Can I identify issues that were imported with a CSV file?

NancyB455 September 23, 2019

A staff member who is no longer here imported a bunch of issues into JIRA from several CSV files and didn't do it quite right.  I can search for the issues in small groups looking for unique fields, but is there a field that identifies an issue as one that was imported?  I hope for a query that looks something like:

Project = TRKS AND component = DSN AND imported = TRUE  (or many external identifier is NOT EMPTY)

Thanks for any help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2019

Not by default. When I have done this in the past I would always use bulk update and add a label, e.g. "imported". I also have created a custom field to include the previous systems issue-id. Maybe that was done?

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2019

Exactly. I always add a label or update a field to uniquely identify bulk imported issues. Combining it with Date range it is much easier to delete them or do something with them if needed.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2019

sort of painful but here is a thought...

Assuming you have access to the original system:

• query the old system to find some trace of the first and last issues imported, e.g. the summary field
  • search Jira to see if you can find the first and the last which would give you the two issue keys that could be used to identify the full set ...maybe
NancyB455 September 23, 2019

Thank you all for your help.  Yes, the original staffer did not add a label though going forward, I think I will do that!  I can probably work my way through the uploads to find the top and bottoms as suggested by Jack.  I was just thinking MAYBE there was some hidden system field I could use.  Ah well.  If that's the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm in great shape.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer