It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I have local users in JIRA cloud even though I have SAML enabled on my company.com domain?

I bought Atlassian Access and I plan to integrate it into our IDP on our company.com domain.  I have a number of 3rd party vendors however, that will need to access my site that will never have a company.com email address.

Is it possible to have both Access.Domain.SAML users and local (non-domain) users at the same time?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Tony,

Thank you for reaching out.

The quick answer to your question is: Yes, you can have both your internal team logged with SAML and the third-party users logged with their respective Atlassian Accounts, you just need to have properly invited them to your site or configured your instance in a way they can self sign-up.

As mentioned in this thread, here's the authentication flow when you mixed those two authentication options:

1. When you are trying to login to Atlassian Cloud, the login form asks you to enter your email address first
  2. The login form behaves based on your email address:
    • If the entered email address's domain is verified and its organization enables SAML integration, you will be redirected to the SAML IdP's form
    • If not, you will be asked to enter your Atlassian Cloud's password

Screenshot 2018-06-22 10.33.59.png

Of course, you will not be able to configure any two-step verification methods for those third-party vendors as you will do for your domain verified accounts. 

Let me know if you have any questions about the information provided. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

245 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you