Can I give partial admin rights to a group?

Aris_Kalantaridis January 9, 2020

Been running into some issues and was wondering if anyone might know if what I want to do is possible.  Basically I want to create a 2nd admin group that does not have full admin rights.  I would them to have the ability to click on the Jira settings but only have access to Projects and Issues under that.  

Is this a capability in JIRA 8.6.0? Thanks for your help first time posting here.2020-01-09_07-04-13.png 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

This is not possible. You have Global admin and project admins. You might find this article helpful - permissions-overview . Note that is for 8.6 version but hasn’t changed in awhile but you can select your version to get to the precise doc.

Thank you very much for your help and quick response.  Its greatly appreciated.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

Not out of the box. There may be a plugin. I caution you about using free plugins. They usually aren't supported and may not be updated for future JIRA releases. Having a plugin that doesn't keep pace with JIRA can become a disaster to your system if you need to upgrade. 

Thanks Joe, I'll keep that in mind as well.

Suggest an answer