Can I get event in post function script

aas December 10, 2019

Hello everybody! In script listener it works fine, but in post function error

def eventTypeManager = ComponentAccessor.getEventTypeManager()
def eventTypeName = eventTypeManager.getEventType(event.eventTypeId).getName()

I suppose that there're no event in post function. But I need to know what happened with issue, closed or resolved and depending on this add comment or not.  Point is that I have one script on two transitions issue resolved and issue closed. In order not to make 2 scripts with slight difference I want to add one script on both transitions and want script to check the event. Is it possible or I have to do script listener or two scripts for different transitions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019

you can get transition id (or even name) like this:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.6.7/jira/recipes/workflow/get-workflow-vars.html

and base your logic on it

aas December 10, 2019

Thanks it works, but what is transientVars there? Is that some collection with all transitions? And how script get exactly desired transition? 

Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019

transientVars is what's called "binding variable". basically a map that gets injected in the postfunction and has some transition info, one of which being actionId

aas December 10, 2019

Thanks a lot!

Suggest an answer