Can I get all the details of all the tickets which were assigned to me from a particular account?

asad_ullah_beg May 16, 2022

Can I use the API of jira to get the details of all of my tickets e.g. How many tickets I have done, How much was the average time, difficulty level of my tickets etc. 

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2022

Hello @asad_ullah_beg ,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community, and depending on exactly what you are looking for, I believe the issue search endpoint using a JQL with something like "assignee=currebtuser()" should do the trick to pull the issue data, and then it would be down to scripting something to parse the issue data returned to get the calculations.  Check out the Doc here:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-search/

However, Something that I believe would work a lot easier and be a lot more flexible than custom scripting over the API would be to use either the Jira Cloud for Excel (official)  or the Jira Cloud for Google Sheets (Official)  connectors to do a Similar JQL pull on the data and then use the native spreadsheet toolset to build out a report based on the values returned, 

As an example you noted that you want to know how many tickets you have done, this would give you the ability to do things like a count on all issues returned where status is done.  Quick example in google sheets would be if the status column was in column B using a query like "=countif(B:B,"done")" could do the trick.

The complexity of tickets would be a bit trickier, as you would need to define the criteria of complexity means, and then decide on a weighting system of how to record complexity, like looking at the story points, or a number of bounces, or priority/SLA's, etc... but once you define what the complexity criteria, it would be down to using the defined weighted values to build out a reference to ticket count per complexity value.

Hope this helps you get on the right track.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events