Can I get all issues linked and their sub-tasks to appear on a board

Fredrick Langston June 2, 2022

I have a kanban board and I'm currently using this query:

Project ="" issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(issue="") and it shows all the issues linked to this issue. But I need to go a step further and also list any stories or Tasks linked to this Epics to also show all it's Sub-tasks. Is there any easy way to automatically filter this request and add it to a board?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

Hello @Fredrick Langston ,

I would suggest you do something similar as in this example.

e.g. if your kanban filter name is "linked issues of epic ABC", your request could look like : 

filter = 'linked issues of epic ABC' or issuefunction in subtasksOf("filter = 'linked issues of epic ABC'")
Fredrick Langston June 3, 2022

@Antoine Berry Perfect, Thanks for your help!

Like Antoine Berry likes this
Fredrick Langston June 13, 2022

@Antoine Berry is there a way to sort those sub-tasks under it's Parent Story? I know it's probably a long shot without without a plugin but I was just wondering.

Like Antoine Berry likes this
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

Hello @Fredrick Langston ,

Unfortunately, this is not possible unless you are sorting these issues in a board as suggested in this post.

Suggest an answer