Can I get a report for the number of issues per user, per sprint

athomas3 February 4, 2019

I want to know who my most productive developers are and I need a query to determine who had what issues/bugs etc in the sprint, and how long they stayed in each part of the workflow.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2019

Hello,

You can see issues in a sprint by executing the following JQL:

sprint = Srprint1

But to get information about how long an issue was in a status, you would need an add-on.

For example, you could use this add-on:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211499/issue-history-collector?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

athomas3 February 6, 2019

I'm actually wanting to collect metrics for individuals. For example, I'd like to know how many issues Person A worked on during the sprint, how long they were in each point in the workflow, and time from start to finish. 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2019

You would need a reporting add-on for it. Have a look at the EasyBi add-on:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211051/eazybi-reports-and-charts-for-jira

Like athomas3 likes this
athomas3 February 11, 2019

Thank you!

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 9, 2022

A new way to create a Jira sprint report by user is possible with a dedicated report template by Better Excel Exporter for Jira! You can get an understanding of how workload is distributed among assignees and much more!

Follow this step-by-step guide on how to create a Jira sprint report in Excel:

20220819-jira-sprint-report-by-user.png

20220819-jira-sprint-report-for-retrospective.png

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter for Jira is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Elvira van Kinderen August 19, 2022

If you would like to see how far you can get without add-ons... You could use the control chart and add quick filters on your board for each assignee. It probably does not answer all of your question but it will answer how much time issues remain in a certain status, averages et cetera.

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 8, 2019

@Andrew ThomasAlso, you can try app Time in status for Jira Cloud by SaaSJet . One of its reports "Assignee time" will help you. Just filter data by Assignee or Reporter and you will get information about all issue that was assigned to that employee. Besides that, you can see a time that he and other persons were spent on this issue.2019-10-02_15-28-24.png

Suggest an answer