Can I find out whether issue security levels are used in project and on which isues?

Manuela Raschke January 11, 2021

I am currently restructuring a JIRA instance. There are 3 different issue security schemes. Problem is that they use they same descriptions for levels but the settings are different - which can lead to problems when working with different projects.

My aim is to merge the 3 schemes into one and have clear descriptions for the different levels. Before doing that I would like to know, how much each level is actually used.

Is there a way?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

You can safely change the names of the levels any time, so I wouldn't be too worried about how much they are used.

On the other hand, rationalisation and standardisation - always good, and you need to know current usage before you can come up with a better scheme!

This does assume that you, as an admin, are included in every level in every security scheme, and , annoyingly, it doesn't work for the reporting I usually want to do, but you can simply search for "Level is not empty". 

This will give you a list of every secured issue and you can at least add the "Security Level" column to it and sort by that.

Suggest an answer