Can I filter the same field twice?

Pejman Bakhtiarnejad July 24, 2017

I'm trying to create a board that shows items EXCLUDING a component (COMPONENT NOT IN ("ABC")) but I also want to INCLUDE all the empty components (Component is EMPTY).

I've tried using the following with no luck.

project = PROJECT1 AND (component is EMPTY OR Component not in ("ABC")) ORDER BY Rank ASC

project = PROJECT1 AND Component not in ("ABC") or component is EMPTY ORDER BY Rank ASC

When I do this, it ends up showing all issues even the ones with "ABC" in the component. 

Individually, "component not in ("ABC")" filters appropriately, but again I also want to show the issues with component "none" or empty

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2017

project = PROJECT1 AND (component is EMPTY OR Component not in ("ABC")) ORDER BY Rank ASC

should have worked. What is the issue when you run that?

Pejman Bakhtiarnejad July 24, 2017

So I ended up using the same JQL again, and it appears to be working. I'm not sure if it's the Monday blues, but originally the result would be ALL issues in the project or nothing would show. I may have had an AND within the parenthesis instead of OR.

For now, this should be resolved.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Suggest an answer