Can I filter issues that a specific user was assigned to during a specific status?

Hi,

I want to get all issues that a specific person was working on during the issues beeing in a specific status.

In other words: "Give me all issues that developer 1 was assigned to, when the issue was in status "In progress".

Is that possible? I was playing around with the "WAS" operator, but without success.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes

Well, sometimes writing a question provides the answer... You can delete this question.

This query achieves what I was looking for:

status WAS "In Progress" BY developer1

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar Community Champion Jan 03, 2018

Please note that your query doesn't target the Assignee field at all.

Literally, your query will return any issues that had ever been transitioned to the status "In Progress" by the user developer1.

If the underlying workflows had all transitions that target "In Progress" with a condition like "only the assignee can execute this transition" (which I wouldn't recommend), then you would 'most likely' indirectly get what you are looking for.

I would recommend establishing the good practice of logging work on issues as a better way of keeping track of the issues a specific user had been working on (see work log author).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,863 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot