It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I edit the layout of cards in a backlog board? Edited

(The following may be answered in another question, I'm not finding it)

As a JIRA admin, I would like to manipulate the card layout in boards, so that casual readers can quickly get an understanding of the work to be done.

What I'm trying to do:

I'd like to change the format of a few fields I added to the board cards. They are all coming from 'Original Estimate'. 

My main beef is how the hours are parsed. Instead of having the estimate show as 2 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours , is there a way to get it instead to show as 117 hours

Ideally, it would be nice to have:

Remaining: 22h - Estimated: 50h

Currently its looking like this for me:

2 days, 4 hours - 1 weeks, 1 day, 2 hours

- There is a link to this in another question, but it doesn't really answer my question. How? 

1 answer

Hi Clifford.

Have a look at this answer - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-questions/Always-display-estimate-in-hours/qaq-p/680661

I think that is what you are after. Below is a quote from that conversation. 

From the JIRA Admin cog-> Issues-> Issue Features > Time Tracking, you can change the time display format, as shown in this picture:

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 9.44.33 PM.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

864 views 6 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you