Can I deploy my atlassian connect spring boot addon in jira without placing it in marketplace?

Prathyusha Gali November 21, 2017

Can I deploy my atlassian connect spring boot addon in jira without placing it in marketplace? My Jir instance will be in production mode and not in development mode.

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2017

Yes, you can do that. But I would suggest you to it via marketplace or install it first on a Dev environment. 

Marketplace already contains lot of plugins, so what's your use-case of creating a custom plugin as maintaining custom plugins requires effort and also you can run into issues while migrating JIRA to newer version thus it's best to download the plugins via UPM which gets it from marketplace.

But still if you want to go ahead with your custom add on, please read here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/installing-add-ons-273875715.html

Alternatively, you can install add-ons by file upload. The file upload procedure installs an add-on as a JAR or an OBR (OSGi Bundle Repository) file. The archive file should contain the plugin code and resource files. File upload enables you to install custom add-ons or any add-on not available on Atlassian Marketplace. You can also use it to install add-ons for applications operating behind a firewall and disconnected from the Internet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events