Can I delete a component used in 2019 closed tickets w/o the component being removed from the ticket

Ambrose, Jodi December 17, 2019

I have a list of components used in our JIRA tickets for 2019.

I need to have a completely new list of components for our 2020 JIRA tickets.

I want to remove the 2019 components from the component list so that the drop-down only shows the new 2020 components, but I don't want the 2019 components to be removed from all of my closed 2019 tickets (since they've been deleted).

If I delete a component, will that component be removed from my closed tickets? Or will it simply be removed from the list of available components?

I'd really appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

Hi @Ambrose, Jodi 

If you remove a component the tickets will be updated and it will remove component from old tickets. If you are not going to use the 2019 old components you can Archive them. Here is the Atlassian KB on Archiving components https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/archiving-a-component-968669976.html 

Thanks,

Ravi

Ambrose, Jodi December 18, 2019

Ravi... thank you so much! That is fantastic news! I really appreciate the help. :)

Suggest an answer